[Market-farming] wholesale questions

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Fri Jun 17 09:45:19 EDT 2011

On Jun 17, 2011, at 8:48 AM, Etienne Goyer wrote:

> Google Doc.  It's a
> web-based office suite that includes a basic but functional
> spreadsheet.
> The big gain for your workflow here is that you will not have to
> bounce
> the speadsheet files around, as you access them through the web.

The big potential disadvantage, of course, is that if for any reason
you can't get at the web, you can't get at your files, either. And, if
something goes seriously wrong at the hosting site, you may never see
them again.

I'd recommend at least doing frequent backups to something you store
offline. As I've never tried Google Doc, I don't know whether that's
easy to do.

(Of course, if you're keeping all your records in your individual
computer, that also needs frequent backups, preferably to something
stored off site, or possibly online. Belt and suspenders, for anything
that's going to cause you massive problems if {when} something goes
wrong.)