[Market-farming] wholesale questions

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at outlands.ca
Fri Jun 17 09:35:31 EDT 2011

On 11-06-17 09:26 AM, Richard Stewart wrote:
> Been considering doing just that and rolling over to a Google only system.
>
> Its been tough though since I have everything based on a Mac System that
> is A) idiot proof (good for me) and B) works seamlessly together.  Now
> that we have a garden manager who uses a non Mac system and and a
> different smart phone this makes a whole lot more sense.  Transition
> will have to happen during winter though to give me enough time to
> properly build the system.

Yeah, migrating in-season would not be such a good idea indeed!  :)

I do think that Google Apps are sometime a tad rough around the edges,
so you should definitely take time to play around with it before
committing yourself.  They're very actively developed, though, so I
trust they will get everything right at some point in the future.

There's another advantage of Google Docs that I just thought about: you
could share the order history with chefs. You would simply share their
invoices read-only with them.  They would access it on the web, and they
do not even need a gmail account for that, actually!

I've got other ideas.  I am going to spend some time hacking at GDocs
next winter, and I hope to be able to do stuff like auto-reporting sales
an such.

For now, I am mostly using it for my crop planning and for note taking.
 You can have a look at my crop plan (in French):

https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/outlands.ca/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AudB8bv7P_ZLdG1YcjRoczQtRVdyZTNhQXBRT2VMVmc&output=html

Etienne