[Market-farming] Summer Lettuce

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Wed Jun 15 07:22:43 EDT 2011

Gary its a burgundy boston from Johnny's called Skyphos.   We usually get our bulk heavy seeded seeds from organic/untreated Seedway since the pricing is better, but lately the prices seem fairly similar.   We sell all our lettuce by the pound, which messes up some of buyers the first time they deal with us, but we tell them they are buying bulk by weight not by number and they seem to like this better in the long run.   We also mix our heads in with the bags of salad mix.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855