[Market-farming] Summer Lettuce

Gary Scott twinspringsfarmva at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 08:09:10 EDT 2011

Dido water and shade cloth....I am  using a 50% block 10' x 100' cloth over
3/4" bent EMT (own the bender from Johnny's Seeds).

The varieties that I like are Nevada, Avenue, Cherokee, and New Red Fire. I
wholesale some heads and have had many discussions about head size. Many
buyers are stuck on the head lettuce they are use to getting that weighs
about 3/4 LB with 24 in the wax shipping boxes (forced to use them, but I
hate em!) I tend to cut my heads smaller than 1/2 LB. I also will make a mix
 out of heads for the farm market through the summer.

Richard what is the buttercrunch variety that you mentioned?

Thanks,

Gary Scott
Twin Springs Farm, VA