[Market-farming] Market Prices

cjmaness at juno.com cjmaness at juno.com
Mon Jun 13 16:48:31 EDT 2011

For us it's the small backyard type vendors who panic at the thought of bringing produce home, so they fill bags with lettuce and practically give it away. I'm trying to sell my lettuce for $2.00 a head, and this guy fills a Walmart bag to the top with lettuce and charges $1.00.

You can't even buy lettuce that cheap at Walmart! I talked to him about raising his prices and he said he would, but he didn't.

The plus side: he's out of lettuce now, and we're still growing thanks to investing in shade cloth last year.

Carla
Perkins, OK