[Market-farming] Market Prices

maury sheets maurysheets at verizon.net
Mon Jun 13 14:28:10 EDT 2011

Phil,

Is this guy growing it all himself?  A 126 cases of lettuce in one week for
that market is an awful lot.  I will not lower my prices, but I may leave
the market.

If you have better quality, the customers will eventually see it.  I did a
market in Red Bank New jersey and we had one vendor selling crap, probably
getting it at Hunts Point Market.   He had corn $3.50 dozen mine was $6.00 a
dozen.  A woman comes up and asks if I can give a discount and I said I wish
I could but it needs to be that much for me to make a profit.  She bought my
corn (said mine is so much better) not his.  He eventually closed up.  Hang
in there with good quality.

Maury Sheets

Woodland Produce

South Jersey-  where we just connected our photovoltaic power system to the
grid (30.82KW to power the house and greenhouse).