[Market-farming] scape pricing

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Mon Jun 13 11:46:56 EDT 2011

Last year I sold scapes bunched nine to a bunch, about 1/4 lb per
bunch, for 1.50 / bunch; and wholesale at 3.00 / lb. I sold out. I
expect this year I'll raise the price; though I might raise the market
price by shrinking the number to a bunch, rather than by raising the
price per bunch, as I still have customers who are trying them for the
first time and they're more likely to buy if the price isn't too high.

I have a niece-in-law from China, and she says the scapes are the best
part.