[Market-farming] Buckwheat

Mac gofish54 at centurytel.net
Sun Jun 12 15:40:20 EDT 2011

I can't give details on acres info.  We use buckwheat as a smother crop
in beds.  It germinates in less than a week and canopies quickly.
Remember that it self seeds very well.   mac

Quoting grizzdover at gmail.com:
Hi Richard (and All), Have you ever planted about this much before in
buckwheat?  I've never planted it before, but am going to try to
overseed my asparagus patch (approx. 1/2 acre) with it.  How much do
you think you applied per acre?  Do you have a "good stand"?  How
quickly did it germinate for you and form a thick canopy? I'm hoping to
have a very thick stand in the patch since the asparagus frawns have
grown very tall already.
Anyone else have some answers? Thanks in advance, Ben SaundersTurtle
Farm Certified Organic Fruits, Veggies and HerbsGranger,
Iowawww.turtle-farm.comOn Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Richard Stewart