[Market-farming] What will you be planting this month?

Thamnophis thamnophis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 23:54:08 EDT 2011

I'm surprised a bit by the cole crops going in through July. (I'm a
newbie though so lots of things surprise me!) But I thought they would
bolt if exposed to summer heat. If I understood you guys right, you'll
be planting seeds of broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and Brussels
sprouts with the intention of transplanting them out in 4-6 weeks?

I'm also a little surprised by the lettuce. I didn't think it would
grow in July-August heat?

Joe
Boone County,. IA
5a