[Market-farming] Buckwheat

grizzdover at gmail.com grizzdover at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 23:10:33 EDT 2011

Hi Richard (and All),

Have you ever planted about this much before in buckwheat?  I've never
planted it before, but am going to try to overseed my asparagus patch
(approx. 1/2 acre) with it.  How much do you think you applied per acre?  Do
you have a "good stand"?  How quickly did it germinate for you and form a
thick canopy? I'm hoping to have a very thick stand in the patch since the
asparagus frawns have grown very tall already.
Anyone else have some answers?

Thanks in advance,

Ben Saunders
Turtle Farm Certified Organic Fruits, Veggies and Herbs
Granger, Iowa
www.turtle-farm.com