[Market-farming] What will you be planting this month?

grizzdover at gmail.com grizzdover at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 18:44:29 EDT 2011

Hello Joe (and all),

This month I am "planning" on planting: 2 succesions of lettuce transplants,
2nd round of beets, Winter Squash, Brussel sprout transplants, Collard
transplants, 2nd round Summer Squash, 2nd round cukes, 2nd round bush beans,
pole beans, 3rd round beets, and Bolero carrots.  Like Mac, in July I'm
putting in brassica transplants next month along with another carrot
planting.  Then in August I will "try" to do Spinach seeding the first week;
lettuce transplants, kohlrabi transplants, and direct seed some greens
second week and direct seed some 'Hakurei' turnips and Arugula the third
week.
Today while picking strawberries I saw a Common Brown snake and 2 Coral Ring
Neck snakes.
Ben Saunders
Turtle Farm Certified Organic Fruits, Veggies and Herbs
Granger, Iowa
www.turtle-farm.com