[Market-farming] aronia, serviceberries; was: Re: Row cover

Leslie Moyer unschooler at lrec.org
Tue Jun 7 11:53:43 EDT 2011

I think that Aronia berries would be a tough market sell, but it depends on your market.  If you can market them in your area solely for their health benefits, you may be able to sell them, but flavor-wise, they'll probably be a bust.  Very tart....think cranberries.  Serviceberries (all varieties) are delicious, IMO, though not as flavorful or productive as blueberries. You'll have to find a way to outsmart the birds (good luck with that) or protect them from the birds--they love them.

Leslie Moyer
unschooler at lrec.org