[Market-farming] Red potato storage

Rob Wallbridge rob at songberry.ca
Mon Jun 6 22:55:15 EDT 2011

Colder is better for potatoes - recommended storage is 35-45 degrees.
Ventilated crates should work fine, but keep them in the dark -- it doesn't
take much light to turn them green. They'll also store longer with a bit of
dirt on them - when I harvest for long-term storage I knock off any big
chunks of mud if present to prevent the moisture from making them rot, and
then wash them as I sell them.

Hope this helps,
Rob

Rob Wallbridge