[Market-farming] Old Drip Tape

Vern and Amy vaspencer at sisna.com
Sun Jun 5 08:07:46 EDT 2011

I agree with you on the economics of time, though maybe a heavier mil
tape would lessen that issue.

We used some 3/8" rebar for row cover hoops--strong but expensive.
Unfortunately, the ribs on the rebar chewed up the row cover.  This was
minimized when we slid the rebar into some old T-tape and cut the tape
when the there was still about a foot of uncovered bar.  Then we slid
the tape on another six inches so that the bar was exposed on the ends
and didn't bunch up the tape when pushed into the soil.  The kids had
fun seeing how far ahead of me they could keep while I bent the hoops.
A 20' bar will make 3 lengths 6'8" long.  You can bend it over your knee
fairly easily.  1/2" gets harder and 5/8" can be a killer very quickly.

Rivka, how do you make the electrical tape stick?  Do you just put a
short piece on like a Bandaid?

Vern
---got out of the concrete business for something easier on the body!