[Market-farming] Old Drip Tape

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Sat Jun 4 18:05:19 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 01:50:56PM -0500, Marty Kraft wrote:
> Anybody found a use for old drip tape?

I use it, looped and stapled, for handles on cardboard blackberry
picking boxes.  That uses only a small fraction of my waste drip tape.

It also makes fairly good fire starter.  Get it burning on one end and
drip flaming plastic over whatever you want to burn.  Also, a wad of
drip tape on top of a brush pile will drip flaming plastic down and aid
in get it going.  Again, a very minor amount of the total.  It is a
mistake to try to burn it alone; it is likely to leave a big un-burned
puddle which you will have to pry up when it solidifies.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  265 days 13 hours 02 minutes