[Market-farming] sweet potato slip question

Roots Farm karen at rootsfarm.info
Fri Jun 3 22:36:55 EDT 2011

I think I'd take off some of that foliage when you plant them so the balance between water loss via leaves and intake capacity is a little better balanced.  We usually plant fresh vine cuttings without any roots in Dominica.  Most native farmers take off all/most of leaves.  (I like to leave a few -- aesthetics?  perversity?)

All best wishes,

Karen

Roots Farm Organic Produce
Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs