[Market-farming] sweet potato slip question

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Fri Jun 3 21:58:34 EDT 2011

On Jun 3, 2011, at 4:59 PM, Beth Spaugh wrote:

> In the past when I received sweet potatoes, they had very few leaves
> and a few roots. The 1000 that came today have plenty of beautiful
> leaves but no (zero) roots.

I would be surprised to get them that way; but they'll probably grow.
When I grow my own, I usually plant slips that haven't rooted yet as
well as those that have; most of them usually grow just fine.

Of course, I ignore instructions and put mine in water to hold them,
and/or to root, whether they're my own slips or I have to buy them
(this year it's some of each as the mice got into my storage and I
didn't have enough good ones left to grow enough of my own.)