[Market-farming] sweet potato slip question

grizzdover at gmail.com grizzdover at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 21:51:49 EDT 2011

Hi Beth (and all)

Last season I got slips and it was way to wet to the plant to place them
where I wanted them.  I ended up planting them very closely together in a
"dry" area until Mother Nature was ready to let me plant them in their
"intended" area.  I didn't get them in for a couple of weeks from when I
"heeled" them in to when they were transplanted in their "home".  They still
produced very well!  I recieved them with zero roots and only a few leaves.
I've never put them in a growing media and then transplanted before, but
think that would work just fine.

Ben Saunders
Turtle Farm Certifed Organic Fruits, Veggies and herbs
Granger, Iowa
www.turtle-farm.com