[Market-farming] Irene????

Richard Robinson rrobinson at nasw.org
Mon Aug 29 19:47:51 EDT 2011

Here in eastern Mass., we did OK. I was teetering on the edge of removing the plastic as
the week progressed, but the forecasts were consistent as it got closer that we would be
getting a tropical storm, not a hurricane. I put in another half dozen ground posts per
house on my Rolling Thunders, buttoned up all the plastic, put extra weights along all the
ground edges, and screwed the vents closed. The only damage was the damage I did, swinging
the sledge too close to my trellised tomatoes...

The raspberries are battered but will recover. We let the pole beans down, and re-strung
them this morning, and they seem fine. Everybody else got a good wash and a blow-dry.

  Richard Robinson
  www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
  Hopestill Farm
  www.hopestill.com