[Market-farming] too many farmers markets

eglatyne tds.net eglatyne at tds.net
Wed Aug 24 18:28:37 EDT 2011

I think this is similiar to the propaganda that the big oil and coal
energy companies are giving us that they are sustainable. Corporate
food might be viewing the growth in Farmers Markets as serious
competition and trying to discourage the growth by saying there are
not enough buyers. With the two markets I do my customer base has
increased 30 to 40% each year. The need for honest food is too great
and I hope that they(whoever they are) don't regulate  us out of
business. Carol Thomas, Sweet Briar Herb Farm