[Market-farming] Topping Brussels Sprouts "Early"

grizzdover at gmail.com grizzdover at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 20:34:57 EDT 2011

Hello All,

In the past I have topped plants when the lowest sprouts are 3/4 desired
size and the plants have been around 3 ft. tall , which I should do a couple
weeks from now.  The plants this year are not nearly as tall nor are the
sprouts really sized up like they "should" for this time of year.  I'm
thinking of topping the plants now in the hopes that the formed sprouts will
size up before our CSA deliveries are over.  Has anyone done something like
this before?
I realize this is a very busy time of year so greatly appreciate any advice!

Ben Saunders
Turtle Farm
Granger, Iowa
www.turtle-farm.com