[Market-farming] coolbot

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Sun Aug 14 19:26:55 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 05:37:34PM -0400, julie wrote:

> Once more for the coolbot,
>
> I'm trying to convince my husband to try the coolbot for our walk-in. We do
> eggs and produce. He's says that he's been told that it won't cool below 40
> degrees. Any thoughts or experience with it?

I haven't been able to get mine below 40.  It's good enough though.  I
have a 20,000 btu room ac in a 8'x12' walkin.  I got real tired of
paying about $1K every few years for compressor replacement AND having
my cooler down for a day or more, so I switched over to a room ac and
CoolBot a couple of years ago.  I now have a spare room ac ready to
go in.  My first (used) ac unit lasted less than a year.  Can't guess
how long the current new unit will last.

Incidentally, I have a ~12'x24' "tomato room" that is well insulated.
No windows, one door.  I had been running a ~14,000 btu room ac.
When it went out, I put in a ~$100 5,000 btu unit which is keeping the
temperature down below 70 deg.  No Coolbot there, of course.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  53 days  9 hours 36 minutes