[Market-farming] oriental eggplant

Deb Taft deb at mobiusfields.com
Sat Aug 13 22:13:39 EDT 2011

Amen, Mike!
I'm really learning the value of recipes and tips in increasing sales.  I
started doing double-sided "What to do with X" sheets that I laminate and
offer to email to folks if they want them (a lot of people -including me-
are hesitant to print out a bunch of copies that may just get thrown out
without another look).  They spend a few minutes checking out a recipe for
cucumber soup, knowing it will arrive in their inbox that evening, and
decide they can use twice as many cukes as planned!

On a related note, I finally harvested some purslane for today's market!  I
did a "What to do with Purslane" sheet, which included some nutritional info
as well as recipes.  We weren't real aggressive about marketing because it
was a busy (!) day, but everyone we gave a little sample to and talked to
about it bought some.  It wasn't a huge portion of my total sales,
but...it's *purslane*!  I was going to pull it out anyway; I just spent a
few extra minutes on it and made a few bucks.
Thanks to everyone for the tips on selling it.

Is it really mid-August???

Best,
Deb
Mobius Fields