[Market-farming] oriental eggplant

Roots Farm karen at rootsfarm.info
Sat Aug 13 16:30:13 EDT 2011

Before I kicked the microwave habit, a favorite dish was young Asian eggplants, microwaved til soft.  Then make one cut lengthwise, then line the cut with cheese and hot pepper strips.  Microwave again just til cheese melts.  Whole thing takes less than 5 minutes and is so good and only one dish, one knife to wash.   Could do same by steaming (or grilling or baking or boiling) the eggplant, then placing under grill in toaster oven/oven.    Or can substitute other goodies for the cheese and hot pepper -- basically just think of using the eggplant as a sandwich "wrapper."

Best wishes to all,

Karen

Roots Farm Organic Produce
Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs