[Market-farming] oriental eggplant

idyllwild farm idyllwildfarm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 16:11:47 EDT 2011

Grill, baby, Grill. It's tough because I"m no chef, but I've sold more asian
eggplant
by telling people how to cook it; no one knows but when they hear thinner
skin,
slightly sweeter than regular and it's good grilled they're off (the new
york times had
some recipes this past week).

Most people are used to the italian eggplant, tough as a battle axe and only
good for lasagna.

Another thing is that a subscription (or check your library) to Cook's
Illustrated or Cooks Country
will give you a ton of ideas to pass on.
Regards,
Mike