[Market-farming] Kaolin

grizzdover at gmail.com grizzdover at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 21:46:31 EDT 2011

I've used Kaolin Clay (Surround) for two years on eggplant for flea beetle
and cucrubit transplants for cucumber beetle.  The eggplant an experiment
with Practical Farmers of Iowa.  The pdf link to last years report is:
http://www.practicalfarmers.org/assets/files/horticulture/on-farm/2010_Flea_Beetle_report.pdf
Just my personal observations were it really protected those little squash
and cuke transplants well from cucumber beetle.  I quit spraying it after 6
or 7 true leaves.
I've "heard" there are many different "grades" of Kaolin Clay at feed stores
and you want the real fine powder like what is in Surround.  I personally
have only used Surround and not anything else.

Ben
Turtle Farm
Granger, Iowa
www.turtle-farm.com