[Market-farming] oriental eggplant

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Fri Aug 12 18:34:50 EDT 2011

>From grocery stores, I get $.80/lb for both "regular" and oriental
eggplant.  About 35lb in banana boxes.  Demand for "regular" is only
fair.  Demand for oriental is very poor.  At farmers markets, $1 each
or 4 for $3 for both types.  Demand for both at farmers markets is very
low.  I plant about 10% as much eggplant as okra, zucchini, tomatoes,
or peppers.  I spend more time trying to sell the eggplant.  And throw
more of it away.  Bah!  Humbug!  :-)

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  51 days  8 hours 50 minutes