[Market-farming] Crows and other birds...

John Ferree john at seldomseenfarm.com
Tue Aug 2 05:54:04 EDT 2011

Thanks for the suggestions. . . that is actually what I did prior to
emailing - even if it took three hours to get one crow.  They are
certainly still around, but we're carrying a shotgun in the harvest
truck and regularly blasting at them to let them know there is hunting
pressure.  Can't tell if we're having an affect yet.  It does seem like
crows are going into an odd scavenging mode around here.  We haven't had
rain for a month and it's been 90+ most days.  Deer are moving in as
water dries up. . . and we're got a few potholes in the creek that are
still holding water.  My guess is we'll be taking more damage from
wildlife than most years since row crops went in soooo late and have not
developed anything edible for lack of water.

John
--
Seldom Seen Farm <http://www.seldomseenfarm.com/>
Danville, IN