[Market-farming] is the list quiet

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Sat Apr 30 08:26:33 EDT 2011

Win all around! That's a great story, Kathryn.

Fields still too soggy here to do anything -- planting has been very
delayed, I'm trying to finish clearing out paperwork as once it's dry
enough I'm going to be extraordinarily busy. Sun is out right now,
rain forecast again for Monday but it doesn't sound like much rain so
I will hope.

I feel bad even complaining about my wet fields, however, when people
in some areas are underwater entirely. I hope everybody on this list
is at least safe.

Richard, how can you plant when you're still so wet? do you have very
sandy soil? I've learned the hard way that if I try to work in my
fields when they're soggy, even entirely by hand, all I get is a cake
of mud around the plant that turns into a hard seal and keeps it from
growing. -- or were you planting in hoop houses?