[Market-farming] Extreme weather & RWH

Mike Brabo mdbrabo at att.net
Sat Apr 30 00:05:59 EDT 2011

Marcy,
Wish I could send you some rain via FedEx.  We've had nearly 8" in 10 days.  Spent last weekend sandbagging our little town against the Mississippi River.  Almost need "water-wings" for the tractor.  Beans aren't germinating at all.  Wondering how to put 12 acres under High Tunnels.
Hope you get the moisture you need via precipitation, well water or rain water harvesting-RWH.  I'm on a great RWH list serve which includes many folks from Australia and India where RWH is required.  Let me know if you'd like info on RWH.
Regards,
Mike
Vesterbrook Farm - Certified Naturally Grown
Clarksville, Missouri - Mississippi River Bluffs, Zone 6