[Market-farming] How are our Arkansas and Oklahoma folks?

cjmaness at juno.com cjmaness at juno.com
Fri Apr 15 22:56:33 EDT 2011

We're OK. We are about 17 miles east of I-35 which is where the "dry line" always sets up. We got the wind, but no tornadoes. More wind today. Gusting to near 60 mph off and on all day.  I had transplanted about 170 tomato plants last week, and this non stop wind has snapped nearly every one of them off. We were hoping for some early tomatoes, but that won't happen now. Luckily these were some I was just playing around with, and the "real" tomatoes are still in the greenhouse.
I did manage to harvest some lettuce for market tomorrow. It was interesting to say the least. Cut a head, put it in my lug, and a few seconds later it would be blowing across the field. We played that game for many hours today.
Oklahoma. You gotta love it.
Carla
Perkins, OK