[Market-farming] how many plantings of arugula

Sue Wells farmersue at myfairpoint.net
Sat Apr 9 22:43:29 EDT 2011

The first time I grew arugula, I tasted it and threw up. After that, every
time I harvested, it would make me nauseated. I waited for awhile then grew
it again, and eventually I am ok growing it. I grow it in early Spring and
all through the season. It will still grow in the fall. People really buy a
lot of it from me. Sometimes I can get quiet a few cuttings from it, and
sometimes, it blots fast. Must depend on the weather. Our summers in Vermont
aren't really normally very hot. I grew it around frost time in the late
fall, and people wouldn't buy it, afraid it didn't have the same taste. Hard
to please them at times.
Sue
Vermont