[Market-farming] Leaking hose

Pam Twin Oaks pam at twinoaks.org
Sat Apr 9 09:33:16 EDT 2011

Marty, have you checked the washer inside the female end? I find they get
compressed after a while of use, and need to be replaced. Sometimes just
flipping them over works. I even think sometimes the plastic kind recovers
after a long rest in a box on the shelf! I usually carry a spare washer in
my pocket all through the irrigation season.  And sometimes, washers
mysteriously disappear completely, and then the hose really leaks!

I ditto what people say about good hoses. I recommend the Gilmour Lifetime
warranty ones. I think the warranty is for domestic use, not commercial use,
but they're very good.

Pam, Twin Oaks, Virginia, where it's still too wet to think much about
hoses.