[Market-farming] how many plantings of arugula

Richard Robinson rrobinson at nasw.org
Fri Apr 8 15:36:33 EDT 2011

I've never grown arugula, because (don't tell my customers) I can't stand the taste. But I
know many people like it, and I have included it in the salad mix in our spring salad CSA
shares. It certainly seems to grow like a weed. What I don't know is how often to replant
it. Will it produce all season as a cut and come again? Does it need to be torn out and
replanted to get tender leaves, even if the older plants look healthy?

thanks, Richard

  Richard Robinson
  www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
  Hopestill Farm