[Market-farming] vinyl mini-blinds as plant markers

Leslie Moyer unschooler at lrec.org
Thu Apr 7 11:42:55 EDT 2011

I was reminded the other day, when I came across a warning about lead paint & lead poisoning, that vinyl mini-blinds are sometimes (often?) a source of lead contamination.  Since they have been mentioned on this list as a cheap source of plant markers, I thought I'd pass along the warning.  These aren't limited to "old" mini blinds....this contamination is found in vinyl mini blinds imported from Mexico and Asia and I found alerts as recently as 2010 and it was very common before 1997.  You can find many links if you do a search for "mini blinds lead" on google.

--Leslie