[Market-farming] Economy

waldenfarm waldenfarm at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 25 11:13:32 EDT 2010

Sorry,all for the blank reply earlier. I've had trouble posting and was seeing if I could post again.

Pamela & William,
This has been my experience, also. I sell at suburban & urban markets and have found that most of the customers at both want to talk to the farmers. And the neighborhood market in a suburb is a place where people in the area meet and connect or reconnect. It could almost be called "The community Center Where Farmers Sell Some Stuff."

Also, I learned something from the Wiedigers in KY. They talked about "relationship marketing." This is something we can do that supermarkets can't. It has helped me to talk with everyone at the market- buyers & lookers.  Some of the people who are obviously there for entertainment wind up buying something if I connect with them.

BTW- it rained here last night!!! First substantial rain in about 2 months.

Alex McGregor
Walden Farm
SE TN