[Market-farming] Economy

Pamela Crowe sustainableharvestsc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 08:43:44 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 10:30 PM, michelle rome <michelleann7 at yahoo.com>wrote:

>  I have seen folks go though change to buy one zucchini and one pie pumpkin
> or two-more often than not. Then we have the talkers.Folks don't have money.
> The ones that do have a bit of money are scared they will loose it.
>

>From what I have experienced the Farmer's Markets are social outlets for
many. I live in extreme rural. People in my area use certain small
businesses and churches for such. I sell urban and see this pattern being
developed around the markets and welcome the instilling of this. This is one
reason that markets should consider a year round scheduling of some sort to
ensure it's longevity. This can grow into larger attendance and even with
meager purchases will help the farmer tremendously. Otherwise some other
place could "become" and the markets could lose their patterned appeal.

Pam
SC