[Market-farming] winter market

sora at coldreams.com sora at coldreams.com
Tue Oct 12 18:08:19 EDT 2010

> Last week several vendors were kicking around the idea of having a
> "Winter" market the weekend before Thanksgiving and then again maybe
> before Christmas.?
Jay...we started our "Holiday Market" about 8 years ago.  It's always the
Sat before Thanksgiving, inside and warm.  We allow all the regular
vendors from the season and open it to juried crafts, we bring in mellow
music and I set up hot lunch.  It has always been a smash hit.  People
bring in all their storage veggies, jams pies and craft goods.  We
advertise heavily through Nov., radio, newspaper online....Since we
started this several other groups are holding events this same weekend and
people from neighboring communities make a day of it and hit them all.
                                       Sora in Paradise Valley, N.Id. where
                                       it Still hasn't frosted!!??