[Market-farming] Heating Greenhouse with wood stoves

Rob Wallbridge rob at songberry.ca
Tue Oct 12 10:05:05 EDT 2010

I agree with Steve - I did it for a couple years and have a friend who
persevered for longer, but getting out of a warm bed once or twice a night
to go stoke a fire loses its romantic appeal pretty quickly, no matter how
pretty the stars. My friend also melted the end out of her greenhouse, came
pretty close to losing the whole thing, and got lots of tough questions from
the insurance company when she had a chimney fire early one morning.

I switched to a simple propane heater, then piped in hot water from our
outdoor boiler when we installed it to heat the house - would never go back.

Cheers,

Rob

Rob Wallbridge

Songberry Organic Farm

24 Sixth Line, Bristol, QC J0X 1G0

email: rob at songberry.ca <mailto:songberry at songberry.com>

web: www.songberry.ca <http://www.songberry.com/>

facebook: become a fan of "Songberry Organic Farm"

  _____