[Market-farming] Winter Markets

Jay Sleichter jaysleichter at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 14:13:25 EDT 2010

Last week several vendors were kicking around the idea of having a "Winter" market the weekend before Thanksgiving and then again maybe before Christmas.  Does anyone have a market at these times.  Our market season ends on October 30th,  the November one would be 3 weeks later.  We would have produce out of high tunnels, jams and jellies, baked goods, cheeses, pork, eggs, Buffalo, hand made rugs and much more.  I know we could open it up to local craft people and get more vendors, but would that be a good idea?

If we do it, we are wanting to promote it for the next 5 weeks with hopes that it will be successful. Does anyone have any tips about a winter market. We will have it inside as the weather is too crazy in Kansas.

Thanks,

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More

Clay Center, Kansas