[Market-farming] seeding onions

stonecirclefarm tds.net stonecirclefarm at tds.net
Mon Oct 11 13:30:58 EDT 2010

There are seeders like the one described here for the paper chainpot
transplanting system (which is excellent for onions).  Video showing the
seeder can be seen at:

http://www.smallfarmworks.com/Products.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the video.  I use this system
(that's me in the video by the way) and do not use pelleted seed.  Pelleted
seed would be preferable but my sources for onion seed do not offer it that
way and I am not at a large enough scale to warrant sending my seed
somewhere where it could be pelleted.  I also use this seeder for spinach,
beets, kohlrabi, etc.

-John