[Market-farming] Heating Greenhouse

Leslie Moyer unschooler at lrec.org
Mon Oct 11 01:32:55 EDT 2010

  On 10/10/10 6:18 PM, grizzdover at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm thinking now of partitioning off a 15x15 or so area with 6-mil
> poly and heating with electric.  I want it to be easy to dismantle so
> I can plant directly in the entire house later in the season.  Has
> anyone tried this and what was your experience?
I haven't done it yet, but am planning a similar experiment for this
winter. Before I started growing for market, I bought one of those $100
greenhouses from the farm store that's about as big as a small bathroom
and I'm going to set it up inside my hoophouse and heat it. The good
thing about using this little greenhouse inside of the hoophouse is it
already came with shelves, too.  It does dismantle very easily.  I
bought it on sale at the end of the season, so got it on sale--it was
something like this:
http://www.growerssupply.com/farm/supplies/prod1;gs1_hobby_greenhouses-gs1_patio_growhouses_1;pg104207.html
(Mine is a little larger than this one.)

It's still not very big, though I'm going to adapt mine to fit a few
more shelves than intended because I don't need the height for tall
plants. You can also fit a row of shelves across the back.

--Leslie