[Market-farming] garlic disease

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Thu Oct 7 14:17:43 EDT 2010

I've been getting warnings from various sources about stem and bulb
(bloat) nematode problems in garlic -- apparently found a number of
places in New York State, and thought to have come in from Ontario,
Canada. I don't think I've got it -- but anyone who has bought seed
garlic from anywhere in the last few years and has disease symptoms
should look into this, as it can be a major problem. Secondary
colonization of nematode-injured cloves by other disease or insect
problems may confuse the diagnosis. Extension offices should be able
to diagnose suspected bulbs -- Cornell is offering to do this for free
in New York State; contact your local extension office.

http://garlicseedfoundation.info/bloat-nematode-new-york.htm

http://garlicseedfoundation.info/images/nematode-cce.jpg