[Market-farming] Sidedressing Fish Meal through a Gandy Box

Mark Weinheimer mrw601 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 09:21:28 EDT 2010

> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Re: Sidedressing Fish Meal through a Gandy Box
>      (sunnfarm at netscape.com)

> Clayton,

Bob is right about the IH sidedressing units.  They work very well.  I have
a Cub unit I purchased at auction that I modified to fit my Super A.  There
are replacement fertilizer units available at reasonable cost if you can
find the mounting bracket and drive unit.  Wenger's and others have them.
http://www.wengers.com/display_product.asp?category=tractor_equipment&equip_type=farmall_supera&sku=M0901
  They are chain driven off a sprocket that bolts onto the little
drive
shaft on the final drive housing on the right wheel.  The fertilizer units
are the same as those used on old McCormick corn planters.
Good Luck,
Mark

--
Mark Weinheimer