[Market-farming] Tomato Stems

Harriet Allen hattie_allen at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 13:34:25 EDT 2010

I have found that it is better for me to leave the stems on some of the heirlooms where I feel like pulling it off pulls the tomato apart too much!  But they are also the ones that are round enough at the top where I can cut the stem so it is at least level, maybe below the surface so that they don't poke the others.  Mostly I take them off.  There are some cherry tomatoes I have grown that when you remove the stem they do get damaged....Blondkopfchen for example.  I will simply not grow that one next year.

Hattie's Garden
31341 Kendale Rd.
Lewes, DE 19958
302-945-0350