[Market-farming] those pesky tomato stems

sunnfarm at netscape.com sunnfarm at netscape.com
Fri Oct 1 11:58:33 EDT 2010

Some tomato varieties are jointless. That means the stems remain on the plant. Many cherry tomatoes are jointless. I don't grow any large jointless types at the moment so can not recommend any variety. I think Mountain Pride was jointless.  But jointless are a pleasure to pick. You save a lot of time not having to remove stems. After picking a while you get to know by feel just how to remove the fruit without the stem. You sorta twist the fruit at a right or left angle to the stem depending on each fruits orientation. This works 75% of the time on jointed tomatoes... Bob.