[Market-farming] winter damage to greenhouses?

Andy Fellenz fellenz at fltg.net
Fri Oct 30 12:31:07 EDT 2009

I wouldn't count on being able to store stuff in a hoophouse if you are
going to be away for several months.  The past few years I have lost
plastic off of a house or had something blow open or get damaged in
windstorms each winter.  With plastic on a house, you need to be able to
check on it pretty often.

Also, I think it is good for a hoophouse to go through the full freeze
thaw and soaking of a winter every few years.  It helps to wash away
salts which can build up from animal based composts or fertilizers.

Andy (in Phelps - just a few miles from Victor)