[Market-farming] Ohio market farmer cited for washing raw produce

Owsley lucy boulderbelt at embarqmail.com
Fri Oct 30 06:58:29 EDT 2009

All my labels on my bagged greens say "Wash Me" this means the greens
are not ready to eat and therefore not processed. But I do hyrdro-
cool everything before it goes into the fridge and than gets bagged.

I also know that some counties in Ohio (mainly around Cleveland) are
much more hardcore about checking markets and enforcing. In SW Ohio
there is much less enforcement and the health dept and ODA folks seem
a lot more mellow about such things.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm
Eaton, OH