[Market-farming] Loss of Soil Carbon After Tilling

Wiener, Benjamin L CPT NG NG FORSCOM benjamin.l.wiener at us.army.mil
Wed Oct 28 02:15:11 EDT 2009

Tom, what do you intend to use as a heat source to char the wood that doesn't use carbon?  Nuclear? solar? hydro?  At best, in the most efficient designs, 40% of the carbon used in the process remains as biochar.  then add in the fuel costs for transporting the wood and then distributing the char, and then you can see that it really isn't as "green" as you imagine.

Ben Wiener.