[Market-farming] Loss of Soil Carbon After Tilling

Lee Neill lneill at mo-net.com
Tue Oct 27 21:45:28 EDT 2009

Hello,

I've been hanging around the fringes for a while, reading with interest all
the posts from everyone and picking up some useful information.  I'm in zone
6 and not really a market farmer (yet), but we built some raised beds and
used them this year with modest success.  If you have time to respond to a
personal gardner with hopes of producing enough to sell in the future, I'd
like to ask about this solarizing idea.  I assume it's covering the beds
with black plastic and letting them cook...but my assumptions have at times
been wrong.  How do you do it and what are the benefits, and is it too late
to do in SW Missouri?

Lee